It is easy to troubleshoot Indesit washing machine problems if you know the correct details. As these washing machines provide economic and efficient washing cycles, it is necessary to fix these problems to increase the longevity of the appliance. Use this guide to get your problems solved easily by yourself. If you find the problems to be intense and need repair work, do not hesitate to contact a professional.
List of Indesit Washing Machine Problems
- 1 List of Indesit Washing Machine Problems
- 1.1 1.Washer is Noisy
- 1.2 2. Why is the Indesit Washing Machine not Spinning?
- 1.3 3. Leaking Water
- 1.4 4. Why does the Indesit Washer Smell?
- 1.5 5. Why does the washer stop during a cycle?
- 1.6 6. Why is my Indesit Washing Machine not Draining?
- 2 How to Reset my Indesit Washing Machine?
- 3 Error Codes of Indesit Washing Machines
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4.1 Why is the door stuck in my Indesit Washing Machine?
- 4.2 Why won’t the drum turn in Indesit Washing Machine?
- 4.3 What does it mean when all lights flashing on the Indesit washing machine?
- 4.4 Why is the pre-wash light flashing?
- 4.5 Why is the spin light flashing?
- 5 Conclusion
These are some of the most common Indesit washing machine problems that can be fixed easily. You can troubleshoot them easily with the help of this guide.
1.Washer is Noisy
It is usual for a washing machine to be quite noisy. But if you notice this sound to be louder than the normal level, then you might need to pay attention. There could be several reasons for this. Here are the possible occurrences and how to clear them.
- Loud noises are often caused by some objects left in the drum, such as metals or coins. So look out for any such things inside and remove them.
- Another reason might be that the drain pump might be clogged. If you find it blocked, then clean the filter and remove the debris.
- If your Indesit washing machine makes loud noises while being brand-new, then the issue might be with the installation. If it was not installed correctly, then there might be a lot of noise. So check whether the protection bolts have been removed before using your washer.
- If you still can’t find out the issue despite checking all the above, then you would need help from an experienced technician, as it might be a technical problem.
2. Why is the Indesit Washing Machine not Spinning?
If your washing machine is not spinning at all, then the problem might be in the motor. It could even be a simple issue that can be fixed easily.
- First, you should know that the machine would not spin if the load is either too big or too small for the spin requirements. So make sure to check the laundry load before anything else. Try out different load sizes as the latest washing machines have weight limits for loads.
- The issue might be in the balance of your washing machine as well. Check whether it is unbalanced with the load. Most modern washing machines are built with this safety feature to protect the drum by avoiding spinning with an unbalanced load.
- There are some other reasons behind this, such as malfunctioning door locks, drum nut loosening, and drain pump failure. This could also be due to suspension wear-out and a damaged plastic bracket at the back of the machine. You can also check for any of these possibilities before you call a technician.
3. Leaking Water
This is one of the most frustrating problems in old washers. Here are some of the ways you can check this issue.
- First, check for any leaks in the water supply hoses and drain hoses. Also, check the drum seals and the water pump for leaks. Don’t forget to check the connection between the drain hose and the drainage system. This is a common source that leaks water into the washer.
- Make sure that the washer door closes tight, as this might also be a reason.
- The use of excessive detergent might cause high foam flow and leakage. So make sure not to use too much detergent or poor quality detergent. If you are not sure about the quality of detergent, try switching brands.
- Exceeding the water level due to an unbalanced machine might also be the reason for this. So check whether the feet of your Indesit machine are leveled.
4. Why does the Indesit Washer Smell?
A stinky washing machine would not clean your clothes well and even cause hygienic issues if it goes on for a long. The main reasons behind this are cold washes and liquid detergent. So here are some of the ways through which you can get rid of this issue.
- Do not run your Indesit washing machine at low temperatures regularly. This would cause undissolved detergent to build up and cause bacteria which create the pungent odor in your washer.
- It is recommended to run it at a temperature of 90 ˚F. Hot washes can kill bacteria and dissolve any detergent build-up. Doing it monthly can give you the best results.
- Clogging and blocking of water lines can also create odor. Check proper connection of machine’s hose to under-sink plumbing and that it does not have any blocks.
5. Why does the washer stop during a cycle?
If the Indesit washing machine often stops amidst spinning cycles, then the problem might be due to off-balance due to improper load distribution.
- A spinning cycle may stop if the load is too heavy. Reduce the laundry load or re-arrange the clothes to complete the spin cycle of the washer.
- The washing cycle may also stop if the drain line is not positioned properly.
- Check whether your appliance has a proper cold water supply, as this might also be a leading cause for stopping at mid-cycle.
- The water supply issue in new Indesit washing machines is indicated by a flashing light or tap symbol. So you can easily configure the problems if you see this symbol.
6. Why is my Indesit Washing Machine not Draining?
Slow draining or not draining at all is another common one among the Indesit washing machine problems. This can be fixed easily by following these steps.
- Check for any obstructions on the drain hoses and plumbing lines. Clean out any clogging and debris present inside. Make sure that there are no accumulations by checking the filter regularly.
- Metals, coins, or similar objects contained in clothes would block the draining of water. So before you load the machine, make sure to check the pockets and remove any such material.
How to Reset my Indesit Washing Machine?
Sometimes, the Indesit washing machine troubleshooting would require the device to be reset. Follow these steps to do an Indesit washing machine reset.
- Unplug and isolate the washing machine.
- Turn on your washing machine using the ON/ OFF button.
- Set the washer timer control to the Zero position.
- Plug the appliance back in.
- Switch on the power supply of the machine.
- The display lights would flash now.
- Turn off the washing machine using the ON/ OFF button.
- Select the required program.
- Turn on the machine back using the ON/ OFF button.
Error Codes of Indesit Washing Machines
Here are some of the Indesit error codes and their meanings. You can find a comprehensive detail in your manufacturer’s guide.
- F01 – Some or all functions won’t be selectable due to a fault with the electronic circuit board.
- F02 – The drum would not rotate properly during the wash cycle due to a motor circuit problem.
- F03 – Heating on wash or dry settings is stopped due to a temperature sensing fault.
- F05 – The door would not open or open with water staying in the drum due to a waste pipe blockage or pump issue.
- F06 – Unable to open or close the door, and the machine cannot start due to door lock fault.
- F07 – A wash cycle would pause partway due to a heating circuit fault.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is the door stuck in my Indesit Washing Machine?
If the machine detects water in the drum, it won’t release the door to open as a precaution to prevent water from flooding. If this is not the reason, then the issue might be due to a faulty door lock mechanism. Do not try to force open the door as it might damage all the door, lock, and the washing machine.
Why won’t the drum turn in Indesit Washing Machine?
A blocked pump or hose would be the cause for this. Cleaning the drainage system and hoses leading to the pump would fix this issue.
What does it mean when all lights flashing on the Indesit washing machine?
The flashing lights are designed to flash during a specific fault in the washing machine. If all lights of wash, rinse, and spin functions flash together, then it indicates an obstruction in the drain pipe. The fault might also be due to worn carbon brushes.
Why is the pre-wash light flashing?
The pre-wash light would flash if the washer cannot fill properly. The reasons would be blocks, damages, or leaks in the water supply hose. Check for any issues in the hose connections.
Why is the spin light flashing?
An unbalanced or overweight laundry load would cause the spin light to flash. You may have to redistribute the load manually to overcome this.
It is fairly common for washing machines to face issues despite being popular brands. You can easily figure them out as indicated in this guide. If these Indesit washing machine problems are minor and manageable, you can try to solve them. However, if you find the Indesit washing machine troubleshooting serious and complex, it is better to contact your technician who has hands-on experience on these matters. If these problems cannot be fixed and you need to replace your washing machine with a new one, make sure to avoid these Worst Washing Machine Brands when your purchase.
There may be many problems regularly occurring with different home appliances. So it’s always good to know how to troubleshoot them. If you own a Samsung refrigerator, here are is an important guide that can help you fix the issues. Find all the important details to fix all your Common Samsung Refrigerator Problems.
- Bosch Dishwasher Won’t Start? Easy Fix 2021
- 6 Causes Of A Samsung Oven Not Heating Up Properly
- Frigidaire Refrigerator Not Cooling: Troubleshooting 2021
- Why Is My Kitchenaid Oven Not Heating Up? 2021
What is the problem with Indesit washing machine? ›
Common Indesit Problems
Excessive vibration can damage the appliance. And put additional stress on the drum and bearings. A blocked pump or hose may be the culprit here. Items of clothing can get stuck in the drainage system and clog the hoses leading to the pump and sometimes the pump itself.
You can find the reset button on an Indesit washing machine on the control panel. It is typically labeled as "Reset" or has a symbol of an arrow circling a square. To reset your washer, start unplugging it from the outlet for a couple of minutes. Once that's done, press and hold the start button for three seconds.Why is my Indesit washing machine stopping mid cycle and lights flashing? ›
We recommend you check that your cold water supply is on. This is a common cause of your appliance failing to fill on the 'rinse' cycle and will result in your Indesit washing machine stopping mid-cycle.How do you troubleshoot a washing machine? ›
- Check the water supply. Both hoses must be attached and both water inlet valves open. ...
- Be sure that the power cord is plugged in well and ensure that there is power to the outlet. Check the circuit breakers to be sure that it is not tripped.
- Clean the inside lid switch.
Unplug your washer and wait at least two minutes before plugging it back in. If your model has a manual control panel, turn the knob to any setting other than the final spin. Plug the unit back in and restore power to your laundry room. Your washer should turn on and you should be able to use it again.What is error code F05 on Indesit washing machine? ›
Indesit error F05 or F11
The washing machine won't drain the water due to a problem with the drain: Prepare a towel or a bucket. On the front side of the machine, open the hatch in front of the drain filter and unscrew the filter. Drain the excess water and collect it.
Reset your washing machine
What you can do instead is power cycle it: Unplug it (or turn off power at the circuit breaker), wait some time for the electrical charge to clear out of the washer (usually 1 to 5 minutes at most), and then power it up again. This is the closest you can get to a "reset" of the washer.
Washers Without a Reset Button
If it isn't possible to access the washing machine's plug to manually reset the washer, turn off the circuit breaker. Leave it off from 30 seconds to 1 minute, depending on the machine model or instructions in the owner's manual.
Make sure the machine is tightly plugged in. Next, check for a tripped circuit breaker. Reset the breaker and try to start the washer. If neither is at fault, you may have a damaged power cord.
Some of the most common faults that will make your washer stop mid cycle include thermostat failure, problems filling up with water for the rinse cycle, or even pump problems that prevent your washer from draining. One thing that you can check yourself is the lid switch.
Why is my washer spinning and stopping? ›
The machine will automatically shut down when it senses the load is out of balance to prevent mechanical damage. Turn the washer off and re-balance the load by moving the clothes to an equal distribution. When you close the lid, spinning should resume.Why does my washing machine stop at the wash cycle? ›
If a washer stops mid-cycle, it could be because the pump or the motor that runs it has failed. When this happens, it cannot remove the water efficiently, pump water in, and thus the sensors won't allow it to move to the next cycle.What are the most common problems with front load washers? ›
Cons of Front Load Washers
Front load washers can require more maintenance than top load washers. You can't always put clothes in mid-cycle, as the door locks to prevent leakage. Because it's harder for water to evaporate, front load washers may have more mold or mildew problems.
If the machine turns on and you hear the sound of the water pump, but no actual water appears, then you most likely have a clogged drain hose. The hose can be removed from the back of the machine and be checked for any dirt or dust that may have created a blockage.How do you check if your washing machine is blocked? ›
This means that the water cannot be extracted out of your washing machine when draining and your filter will be full of water. This could cause a little or a lot of water to form around the machine itself and is the first telltale sign of a blocked filter.What can I use to unclog my washing machine drain? ›
Drano or any drain cleaner can be used to unclog your washing machine drain, but make sure you run your washer without a load of laundry before normal use.How do I fix F5 error on washing machine? ›
The F5 E2 alert indicates the washer can't engage the lid lock because there may be an obstruction in the lid lock area. Please check the lid lock area and remove any objects in that area. Also verify there are no clothing items in the way.How do I fix error code F05? ›
Fault: Hotpoint washing machine showing fault code: F05 = Waste pipe blockage or pump issue. Initial repair: Pull the grey ribbed pipe off of the spigot under the sink and place it in a bowl or bucket. Put the machine onto a spin/drain cycle and check to see if the water drains into the bucket or bowl.What is E5 error in washing machine? ›
Did you receive a F0 E5 unbalanced load alert? This alert indicates the load is out of balance. The washer is running a load-balance correction routine. Allow the washer to continue.What breaks if you overload a washing machine? ›
In addition, an excessively heavy load will put stress on the bearings of your machine, which in turn could cause premature appliance failure. In extreme cases, clothes may become lodged between the door seal and the inner drum of the machine, which may tear or permanently damage your clothes.
Can you manually unlock a washing machine? ›
Turning off the machine at the mains should allow the door lock to cool down, and after a few minutes, you'll be able to open the washing machine door. The interlocks can take some time to release at the end of the cycle, so be patient. The most common cause is water left in the machine. Try running a spin/drain cycle.How do you bypass a washing machine sensor? ›
- Let us say you have 2 lbs of clothes.
- Add the 2 lbs of clothes in the washtub.
- Before commencing the wash cycle, pour 4 lbs of water over the clothes and let water to soak into the fabric.
- Start the wash cycle. ...
- You have successfully bypassed water level sensor.
A washing machine not draining is one of the most common problems we encounter. It can be caused by one of the following: - The drain hose or pump is clogged with a small item of clothing, residual gunk or other debris. - The washer is malfunctioning and not engaging the drain/spin cycle properly.What usually breaks on a washing machine? ›
- Overheated motor. When the motor of your washing machine, overheats, it can cause the machine to break down. ...
- Clogged hose. ...
- Foreign objects. ...
- Too many clothes in one load. ...
- Oversudsing. ...
- Dirty dispenser/incorrect product.
The average life of a washing machine ranges from 10 to 13 years, although some brands can manufacture washing machines with an even longer lifespan than the average appliance. So, while you are on the hunt for your new washing machine, you won't have to wonder “how long should a washing machine last” anymore.What are the most common problems on a Whirlpool washing machine? ›
- Washer Making Unusual Noises. ...
- Washer Won't Start. ...
- Washer Lid Won't Lock. ...
- LD Error Code Appears. ...
- Washer Leaves Deposits on Dark Clothes. ...
- Washer Has a Burned Plastic Odor. ...
- Rust Spots Appear on Washer Lid.
If the capacitor is bad, there may not be enough power for the motor to start and your washer may not work at all. However, the motor may still try to start but struggles because it doesn't have enough power. This can cause the motor to burn itself out. Your washer might run, but be slow and not work properly.What is the most likely cause if a washing machine will not agitate or spin? ›
A major reason that your washing machine has stopped agitating may be that there's a fault with the drive belt. The belt could be slipping because it's loose or it may have snapped completely. If you're going to fix an issue like this you'll need to be fairly handy or call a repairperson for help.Is it worth fixing a washing machine? ›
If your washer needs a major repair such as a new motor, tub or transmission, you're often better off replacing the washer rather than repairing it; a major repair often costs more than half the price of a replacement washer.Can putting too much in a washing machine break it? ›
For a start, overloading your appliance could damage your machine's drum and decrease your washer's efficiency. In the end, clothes won't come out as clean, either, so a second wash may be necessary. This all adds up to increased electrical consumption and higher energy bills.
Do washing machines have a reset button? ›
Reset your washing machine
There really isn't a way to reset the washing machine. What you can do instead is power cycle it: Unplug it (or turn off power at the circuit breaker), wait some time for the electrical charge to clear out of the washer (usually 1 to 5 minutes at most), and then power it up again.
What brand of washing machine is most reliable? Whirlpool, LG, and Samsung are the most reliable brands of washers. Yale Appliance found that less than 7% of the sales of these units required servicing. J.D. Power also ranks Samsung and LG as the highest-ranking manufacturers in customer satisfaction.Why do old washers last longer? ›
Older machines are heavier and were built to last. Because they were constructed with greater quality materials, they typically have a much longer lifespan than the new washers built today.Which is better top or front load washers? ›
Front load washers are generally more efficient, since they're designed to use less water even if they have slightly longer cycle times. Top load washers use more water even if their cycles can be faster than that of a front load washer.Why will my Whirlpool washing machine not agitate but will spin and drain? ›
If your Whirlpool washer won't agitate but will spin, you might need to replace the repair kit. The washer agitator repair kit houses the agitator components that are most likely to become damaged, wear out, or fail. If any of the parts are worn out, stripped, or defective in any way, then it's time to replace the kit.What is the problem if washing machine drum is not spinning? ›
An imbalanced drum is a common reason for your machine not spinning. The easiest way to avoid an imbalanced drum is by making sure you don't overload your washing machine, or if you have one large piece of laundry, add smaller pieces to balance out the load. You may also need to check that your machine is level.